Friday, August 30, 2019

I've found a few things I missed, so it's time for a Special Report!


Well, I try to catch everything before sending out the Weekly Update, but sometimes things fly under my radar.

Kind of like The Giant Claw.
I just didn't see it until it was right on top of me.

Seriously, I got details on two of these films yesterday, and found the other while I was working on the Horror/Sci Fi/Fantasy Calendar this morning.  I'm sure some of you might be interested in them, so it's time for a Special Report!

----------------



First up, The Hollywood Theatre (4122 NE Sandy Blvd in Portland, OR) is screening the new horror/comedy Ready or Not through Thursday, September 5.  For more details, including showtimes and advance ticket sales, visit The Hollywood Theatre website.

---------------

Across the Columbia River in Washington, The Nightingale, the latest film from writer/director Jennifer Kent (The Babadook) plays through Thursday, September 5, at the Kiggins Theatre (1011 Main St in Vancouver, WA).  This tale of a woman's quest for vengeance in 1825 Australia caused some controversy when it premiered at The Sydney Film Festival for its extreme depictions of rape and murder, with some 30 people walking out of the screening.  For more details and advance ticket sales, visit The Kiggins Theatre website

----------------


Last but not least, the Darkside Cinema (215 SE 4th St in Corvallis, OR)  presents the Sci Fi Extravaganza #30Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla, tonight at 7pm.  Doors open at 6 pm for an hour of cartoons, newsreels, trailers and MORE!  Admission is $5, which can be used as credit towards food purchases.   And be advised, heckling is encouraged.  For more details, visit the Facebook Event Page.

-----------------

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I'll be back on Wednesday with a new Weekly Update!

From Ashland, OR, to Vancouver, BC, The Shadow Over Portland has you covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment